Monday, April 4, 2011

Fresh Apple Cake

Hi Ladies, Our church has a bake auction once a year and this cake I make always gets one of the highest bids...$85.00 to $100.00.....I have never had one apple loving person to not like this delicious mouth watering cake. It's moist with a creamy topping. I gave my friend this recipe and her family went crazy over it...so she always makes a few extra in the fall and freezes them, that way they are already made for when company comes.....I hope you like it as much as we do....♥
Fresh Apple Cake

Fresh Apple Cake by Cherry Layne on Polyvore.com

1 1/2 c oil
2 c sugar
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
1 t ground cloves
3 eggs
1 t soda
1 t cinnamon
3 c flour
3 c chopped and peeled apples
1/2 c crushed walnuts (optional)

Combine the first 8 ingredients. Add flour. Add apples and walnuts. Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done.

Topping
1/2 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
2 T milk
Cook in a small sauce pan until a boil. Pour over warm cake....cool 1 hour before serving

2 comments:

  1. Cherry,

    You really know how to make a woman's mouth water, don't you? Now I have another juicy and delicious cake to try! You sure are going to keep me busy in the kitchen! :)

    -LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry, Cherry, Cherry!!
    How can I do "Weight Watcher's" when I have to try all of these cakes? This sounds delish!! Shared the recipe with my sister and she is baking it this weekend!
    Thanks for sharing!
    HUGS!! ♥

    ReplyDelete