Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apricot Nectar Cake

 My mother would make this cake when family would come to town.  It has mostly a lemon flavor, very moist and oh so good.  It is better served at room temp and not warm. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do....
Apricot Nectar Cake

Apricot Nectar Cake by Cherry Layne on Polyvore.com


Super easy and a great crowd pleaser...
Cake
1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1 small box lemon jello
3/4 c oil
3/4 c apricot nectar drink (in a can)
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t lemon extract
Mix all ingredients well and bake in a greased and floured tube pan at 350 degrees for 45 min or until cake is done. Remove from pan and punch holes in cake with ice pick. Pour following glaze over cake.
Glaze
1/4 c lemon juice (I use fresh squeezed)
2 T apricot nectar
2 c powdered sugar
Mix well, and pour over warm cake......yum!

2 comments:

  1. Sherry,

    I'm visiting from you via your daughter's blog, "An Original Belle." :)

    I told her I would try this cake, even though I am not too found of apricots. After I make it, I will let you both know how I liked it.

    At any rate, I hope that you keep creating more creations to share on your blog. I enjoyed visiting you today. :)


    Blessings,


    -LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this! lemon is my favorite and I'm looking forward to the lemon shining through!
    Beautiful blog my friend!
    Big Saralee hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete